Building Community One Person At A Time
Do you see yourself working toward positive change in your community?
Are you interested in invaluable professional and personal growth?
Do you want to impact the future?
Are you interested in building lifelong friends?
Communitas is the place for you.
Who is Communitas?
Service to the community lies at the heart of Communitas’ mission. By its very nature, to serve is a collaborative process; doing with, rather than for someone. A cornerstone of our corporate culture is a belief in, pursuit of and emphasis upon alliances relationships between people. Communitas believes in concentrating on assets, skills, abilities and desires rather than perceived deficits.
What do volunteers say about Communitas?
- “If everyone took some time and spent it with individuals with disabilities they would
view life with different eyes.”
- “People with developmental disabilities are the best teachers in the world.”
- “I make a positive difference in people’s lives.”
- “People with developmental disabilities and those without, have more in common than
they have differences.”
- “When I arrive to work and people are excited and happy to see me, it makes me feel
- “I work for Communitas because it is rewarding to me. I want people to have the best
support so they can have the kind of life we all deserve.”
- “I have enjoyed the learning experience and training Communitas has to offer.”
- “It’s one way I can give back to my community.”
- “I love the smiles.”
COMMUNITAS - VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Communitas offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities whether a person is committed to an idea, dedicated to serving a particular population or wants to utilize the opportunity to enhance a skill level prior to entering the workforce. Your life experiences and gifts have a place within our organization and volunteer program.
- Direct Support:
Great opportunity to compliment our support staff as well as enhance the quality of life of the residents both in-home and out into the community.
Share your office skills regarding light computer, filing, faxing copy machine, data entry.
Your computer skills will come in handy whether it be involvement in internet resource development, web design, computer maintenance or troubleshooting.
Make your green thumb available whether it be planting or cultivating a garden, lawn care and landscaping maintenance.
- Facilities Maintenance/Painting/Repairs:
Your handyperson reputation and skills will be a welcome addition lending itself to a variety of tasks such as painting and/or minor repairs of our facilities.
Please feel free to give me a call for additional details 360-377-7231.
John Hagen - Resource Manager
920 Park Ave.
Bremerton, Washington 98337